Whatcom County is planning to replace the Jackson Road Bridge in Birch Bay.
They are asking for the community's help to develop alternative bridge designs as they move forward. Public participation will come from virtual open house-style events and an online survey.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY
Status & Timeline
The project is entering Phase 1 which includes:
Anticipated Project Timeline
- Topographic Survey/Site Reconnaissance
- Preliminary Engineering
- Community Engagement
- Type, Size & Location Analysis
- Phase 1 - Topographic Survey, Preliminary Engineering, and Type, Size & Location Analysis (Current Phase).
- Phase 2- Detailed Design & Permitting (2021- 2022)
- Phase 2 - Construction (TBD)