Provides an exceptional customer experience in stores while processing a wide variety of transactions. Identifies and refers customer relationship-expansion opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Handles a wide variety of transactions on multiple systems in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
* Utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships, often while processing customer transactions. For example, may discuss new Umpqua products that properly fit the needs of the consumer or business customer while cashing the customer's check.
* Maintains responsibility for cash drawer and follows proper balancing procedures.
* Provides excellent customer service by providing answers and assistance for customers' questions and concerns.
* Cross-sells other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
* Reviews and maintains knowledge of products, fees and policies and stays current on offerings and is able to make product suggestions with assistance.
* May open and process simple consumer deposit accounts.
* Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities -- knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
* Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
* Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Requires a high school diploma, GED, vocational training or equivalent.
* Previous banking or sales experience preferred
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to understand and follow directions.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel software applications and ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality, use tact and diplomacy; maintains professional dress and demeanor.
* Requires reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
* Ability to work store hours to include weekends and occasional evenings.
* Prolonged Standing (5-8 hours per day), frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent forward reach, frequent lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
* Exposed to potential hazard of robbery - receives detailed instruction to minimize risk.
* Limited travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.